The Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity strives to enhance students’ educational experiences by providing students the opportunity to be civically engaged and to get hands-on experience applying course concepts in real-world situations.
A partnership is an arrangement where parties agree to cooperate to advance their mutual interests. Partners can accomplish more working together than they could working on their own.
There are many benefits of becoming a UNLV community partner, including:
- Ability to access university resources, including an energetic student population.
- Student volunteers can meet both short-term and long-term needs.
- After volunteering at an organization, students are more likely to return to that organization for future volunteer opportunities.
- Students will educate their circles about the organization’s mission and will share their experiences.
- Opportunity to educate the public regarding community issues and misconceptions.
- Potential to recruit future employees and volunteers.
- Opportunity to become a co-educator with UNLV faculty.
Service learning has many benefits for students, faculty and community partners. Learn more about service learning benefits.How to Become a Partner