Service Learning Support for Faculty
The Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity can provide support to faculty incorporating service into the curriculum:
- Logistical support
- Prescreened agencies that have agreed to work with college students
- Offer preplanned service opportunities rather than student-initiated opportunities
- Course planning support
- Offer research-based knowledge of service learning pedagogy
- One-on-one planning meetings
- Sample service learning courses and syllabus and service-learning agreements.
- Course-planning guides, reflection ideas, and sample rubrics
- Service-learning workshops with faculty members and community organizations
- Risk management tips and forms
Please contact Amanda Boehmer at [email protected] or 895-5912 to set up an appointment.