Become A Partner
There are many benefits and ways to partner with the UNLV Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity.
- Post a service project or drive for students and/or student organizations. There is no guarantee these needs will be fulfilled, but it is a way to inform students and student organizations about opportunities to volunteer. It is important to write an effective volunteer description.
- Partner with Rebel Service Council (RSC) to sponsor numerous service programs every semester. An advantage to RSC-sponsored service programs is that RSC publicizes these programs on campus and most of the volunteer spots are filled. Contact the appropriate student coordinator with your project ideas.
- Partner with a faculty member to incorporate service learning into a UNLV course. Community organizations can serve as a co-educator to create a hands-on learning experience for students. Contact Amanda Boehmer, outreach volunteer coordinator, at [email protected] or 702-895-5912 to identify appropriate faculty contacts. Get answers to your frequently asked questions.
- Post a paid or unpaid internship description or job opportunity on the UNLV CareerLink. Career fairs are held on campus in October and March each year. If you would like to attend one of these events to recruit employees for your organization, contact UNLV Career Services at 702-895-3495.
- Become an approved practicum site for the School of Social Work.
- Participate in the UNLV Student Involvement Fair. At the start of each semester, UNLV holds a student involvement fair, including a Community Service component (Sept. 14–15, 2011, and Feb. 1–2, 2012). Contact Amanda Boehmer, outreach volunteer coordinator, by mid-August and mid-January at [email protected] or 702-895-5912 to receive registration information.