Nevada Regional Science Bowl
About the Bowl
The UNLV College of Sciences, in collaboration with the Nevada site office of the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration, hosts the annual Nevada Regional Science Bowl.
Competitions are held in the Classroom Building Complex on the UNLV campus. During the event, teams of students are quizzed in the areas of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, astronomy, earth sciences, and computer science. The winners of this regional competition receive prize money for their schools and earn a chance to compete in the National Science Bowl in Washington, D.C.
The Science Bowl is a proud tradition at UNLV. Enthusiastic teams and supporters have been gathering on campus for the bowl since 1991. High school students test their scientific knowledge in a series of competitions. While on campus these visiting students also meet UNLV professors, graduate students, and staff who offer presentations and mini-symposiums on such topics as high-pressure physics, the study of tsunamis, and the role of mathematics in modern computer science.
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- National Security Technologies, LLC
- Northrop Grumman
- U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation
- Alphatech, Inc. of Nevada
- Desert Research Institute
- National Atomic Testing Museum
- Navarro Nevada Environmental Services, LLC
- Navarro Research & Engineering, Inc.
- NV Energy
- Southwest Gas
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- WSI Nevada Team