Prospective Students

Currently a Student at a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Institution?

The College of Southern Nevada (CSN):
Prospective CSN students who plan at any time in the future to transfer from CSN to UNLV should meet with a UNLV advisor at a CSN campus.

Prospective students from other NSHE schools:
NSHE students who plan at any time in the future to transfer from their home institution to UNLV may submit quick questions to the UNLV College of Sciences Advising Center email

Prospective students from a non-NSHE institution?

Information about our programs are shown below. Equivalencies of individual transfer courses at UNLV can be found by using Transferology. Students may not use biology classes that are more than 10 years old or chemistry classes that are more than 8 years old toward a degree offered within the College of Sciences.

Information about Majors and Minors in the College of Sciences
Requirements for Field of Study Department
Biology School of Life Sciences
Chemistry Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Mathematics Department of Mathematics
Geoscience Department of Geoscience
Physics Department of Physics & Astronomy

Ready to be a new Rebel?

Apply for admission to UNLV today!

Already a UNLV Student and Want to Declare or Change a Major or Minor?

College Entrance Requirements:
A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50 and placement into or completion of MATH 126 (Precalculus I), or MATH 127 (Precalculus II), or MATH 181 (Calculus I) or higher is required before declaring a major or minor in the College of Sciences.

Pathways Student Declaring a New Major:  
If you are currently an undeclared pathways students who now meets the entrance requirements for the college, submit your request for change of major.

New Major: If you meet these entrance requirements, call the College of Sciences Advising Center for an appointment: 702-895-2077

New Minor: Come to Walk-in Advising on Wednesdays

Change or add a major/minor in another college?