UNLV Housing and Residential Life network connections (ResNet), labs, and equipment are for use by residents of UNLV Housing and Residential Life only. UNLV Housing and Residential Life network connections, labs, and equipment are for academic use only. Any other use, commercial or otherwise, is prohibited. Residents shall not change the hardware or software configuration of UNLV Housing and Residential Life equipment. To request any change, including software installation or reconfiguration, contact the Rebel Repair Help Desk at 702-895-5324.
- Residents shall not annoy others by viewing pornographic images or images of a sexual nature or involving sexual activity in the computer labs or other public places.
- Residents shall not use ResNet in a manner that intentionally or negligently disrupts normal network use and service. Such disruption includes, but is not limited to, intentionally or negligently propagating computer viruses, sending offensive messages, knowingly causing system crashes, denying reasonable use of UNLV Housing and Residential Life network and computer resources to others, violating others’ personal privacy, and accessing without the proper authority protected and/or private network resources.
- Residents shall not violate the legal protection provided by copyrights, licenses, or other legal means. They shall not make copies of any licensed or copyrighted computer program found on any UNLV Housing and Residential Life or other UNLV computer or storage device. They shall not share with others messages, information, or data that is private, licensed, proprietary, or covered by nondisclosure agreements.
- Residents are responsible for any printing to UNLV Housing and Residential Life printers from their account, computer, or room network connections.
- Residents are responsible for the print charges generated by that printing.
- The University and Community College System of Nevada CODE sections covering computer and network usage shall be followed. Copies of the relevant sections may be obtained by calling 702-720-3300.
UNLV Housing and Residential Life network connections are provided for client use only. Servers are not permitted. Servers include any device that offers services over the network or that allows incoming network connections. UNLV Housing and Residential Life network connections are a shared resource. Residents shall limit the network traffic to and from their computer to an amount that allows others reasonable use of the network. For example, a user should refrain from long-term, continuous downloading of media files, applications, or other large files. Residents shall keep a working anti-virus program installed, keep their anti-virus definitions current, and keep the critical system updates current. UNLV reserves air rights on campus for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless frequencies; written permission from the ResNet office must be obtained before installing such a device in the residence halls. Wireless devices may not be connected to ResNet without written permission from the ResNet office.