Post-accident reviews are conducted to examine the cause of workplace accidents and increase employee and department awareness of workplace safety in order to reduce the occurrence of workplace injuries. The review consists of a brief PowerPoint presentation and discussion of pertinent facts.
The following types of claims and incidents are subject to a post-accident review:
- Any accident that results in a significant injury
- Any injury resulting from a safety procedure violation
- Two or more claims filed within 12 months
- A claim filed within 6 months of employment
- Back injuries resulting from improper lifting
- Other incidents as recommended by Risk Management & Safety
Supervisor participation is required. The reviews are scheduled during the employee's normal shift and usually held in the employee's department. The employee and the supervisor will be notified if it is necessary to conduct a post-accident review.