Regents' Rising Researcher Award: Call for Nominations
Each fall, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) seeks nominations for the annual Nevada Regents' Rising Researcher Award which includes a $2,000 stipend and a plaque to be received at the annual campus recognition ceremony. Applications are submitted through the Regents' Awards Portal.
This year, the call for nominations will be open from Sept. 4-28, 2018.
This award is presented annually to one NSHE faculty member from UNLV, UNR, and DRI. Awards are based on early-career accomplishments and potential for future advancement and recognition in research. Candidates must have:
- Be in an assistant professor position at the time of nomination
- Have a strong beginning record of accomplishment during the time of employment with NSHE.
- Have a record of outstanding research accomplishment that is demonstrable through publications, patents and intellectual property, or grants and contracts.
A formal letter of nomination that demonstrates the nominees' accomplishment and promise should be submitted. Those submitting nominations must be NSHE employees or students. (Self nominations are not accepted.)
*Please note: If you intend to nominate a faculty member, please notify the nominee and submit the nomination letter to him/her. The nominee should compile all application materials as a single pdf file, including the nomination letter, and submit them by the deadline through the Regents' Awards Portal.
Nominees must provide all materials to support their nominations. These materials include:
- A copy of the nomination letter.
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae, including a list of grants and contracts received, indicating the project title, name of grantor, amount of grant, beginning and termination dates, and the nature of the competition for the grant.
- No more than two examples (reprints or copies) of significant published works that the candidate feels are representative of his or her research accomplishments.
- A letter of support from a person knowledgeable of the nominee's qualifications.
All materials must be compiled as a single pdf file and submitted online through the Regents' Awards Portal. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books, videos) can be delivered to Jill Zimbelman.
The deadline for all materials is 5 p.m., Sept 28, 2018. The nominee should compile all materials in pdf format for submissions online. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books) can be delivered to Jill Zimbelman.