UNLV faculty bring wide-ranging expertise to bear on a variety of real-world challenges and research questions. The following master list provides a snapshot of this expertise. Below, several key areas of interest to the community, state, region, and nation are listed; and after each, you will find a list of faculty with expertise in the given area.
To search for faculty expertise by keyword(s), go to UNLV Research Match.
- Energy and Environment — The energy and environment cluster represents expertise in various sectors, including energy (renewable, nuclear, power transmission), and water (supply, demand, treatment, processes), and environment (earth and space sciences).
- Infrastructure and Technology — The infrastructure and technology cluster includes faculty with expertise in such fields as transportation, built environment, building systems, and cyber infrastructure (e.g., high performance computing, parallel computing, and software frameworks).
- Education — The education cluster represents expertise of faculty conducting research related to educational psychology, teaching and learning, and clinical studies.
- Health — The health cluster represents expertise in various fields, including biotechnology, molecular biology, health care, environmental and occupational health, epidemiology, public health, and nursing.
- Social Services — The social services cluster includes faculty expertise related to human capital and human systems in fields such as sociology, political science, history, psychology, and social work.
- Business/Hotel Administration — The business/hotel cluster represents expertise in the various sectors involving gaming, hotel administration, economic development, economic analysis, and market analysis.
- Cultural — The cultural cluster includes faculty expertise in such fields as the fine and performing arts, design, and the humanities.
Note to Faculty
If you would like to update your areas of expertise on the master list, please fill out the following form: