How to Return

  1. Determine if you are you an undergraduate Returning Student.

    You are considered an undergraduate Returning Student if you meet all of the following criteria:

    • You have earned grades for at least one semester at UNLV in a class or classes that were not continuing education units.
    • If you are unsure of your status, contact the Enrollment Services team.
    • You have not registered for at least one credit at UNLV for two consecutive semesters. This includes fall and spring semesters only. Summer term is not applicable.
    • You have not been academically suspended from UNLV.

    If you have been suspended from UNLV, you should visit the Faculty Senate website and complete a reinstatement form (found on the right side of the page).

    If you are a Graduate and International student: review important information below.

  2. Complete the appropriate application.

    Undergraduate returning students are required to complete an application to return to UNLV.

    • If you wish to continue pursuit of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree or certificate, complete the undergraduate application for admission. You will be required to pay the $60 application fee ($95 for international students). Your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the current admission standards.
    • If you wish to take classes as a non-degree seeking student, complete the non-degree application. (Note: Non-degree seeking students may take a maximum of eight credits per semester and are not eligible for financial aid.)
  3. Check your residency status.

    If you previously established residency when you took classes at UNLV, you will be required to reapply for residency since you have not taken classes for two semesters. You can find the residency application here.

  4. Send your transcripts.

    This applies to degree-seeking students only.

    • If you have attempted or earned any college credits at another college or university since you left UNLV, you are required to report all new colleges and/or universities on your application and send an official transcript(s) to the Office of Admissions.
    • Transcripts that were submitted when you previously attended do not need to resubmitted.
  5. Check MyUNLV for your application status and other pertinent information.

    After you apply, you will receive an email with your student ID number and instructions for accessing MyUNLV. In MyUNLV you can review any outstanding holds you may have, documents needed for your application, and your admission status.

  6. Activate your Rebelmail account.

    Because you have previously attended UNLV, you have been issued an official student email account. If you have not done so already, you should activate your Rebelmail account immediately. This official UNLV account is the only way many departments on campus will communicate with you.

  7. Pay any outstanding fees.

    You are still responsible for any balance owed for prior semesters. You can review any outstanding fees you may have in MyUNLV.

  8. Sign up for housing.

    If you wish to live on campus, you must reapply. The same process and fees apply to returning and new campus housing residents. Learn more about on-campus housing.

Returning Graduate Students

Interested in becoming a Grad Rebel again? Students who withdraw from their program of study and wish to return must reapply for admission through the Graduate College website. We encourage you to discuss your plan to apply for readmission with the graduate coordinator in your program of interest. Please note that if you attended any other institution after withdrawing from UNLV you must supply those official transcripts as part of the admissions process. Please see the Graduate Catalog for guidelines involving transfer credits and degree completion policies.

Returning International Students

An international student who has been out of the U.S. or has attended another college or university while away from UNLV will need to contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to determine whether a new I-20 is required to return to UNLV. In order to get a new SEVIS I-20, you will need to do the following:

  1. Undergraduate students must follow the steps above if the absence from UNLV is greater than two consecutive semesters (fall and spring). Contact with questions.
  2. Graduate students must ask their academic department to email OISS proof that you are allowed to return to the program.
  • International students who are attending another institution in the US must ask their current school to send their SEVIS record (I-20) to the University of Nevada Las Vegas, in the SEVIS system.
  • All international students must meet with an international student advisor in person to show proof of F-1 visa status before course registration.


If you intend on applying for admission to UNLV for Summer 2017, it is required that you speak with an Admission Counselor prior to submitting your application. Failure to speak with a counselor prior to submission will result in a non-refundable application for the wrong semester. Please call the Office of Admission at 702-774-8658 to speak with an Admission Counselor.