This Code of Ethics has been created for use by UNLV Purchasing and Contracts staff by the Director of Purchasing and Contracts. The Code governs all transactions and business relationships, internal and external, undertaken by our staff.
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of UNLV.
- Strive to obtain the maximum for each dollar expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier, and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third-party review insofar as the established policies of UNLV permit.
- Accord to prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial, and professional associations and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
UNLV is an AA/EEO institution.