The Office of Academic Assessment supports UNLV’s mission, and in particular, Core Theme 1: Advance Student Achievement, by encouraging a culture of continuous improvement focused on the evaluation of student learning.
This is accomplished by:
- Assisting academic units in creating and refining student learning outcomes that clearly communicate the knowledge, skills, and competencies that students are expected to acquire in their programs of study.
- Providing support in aligning program student learning outcomes to the University Undergraduate Learning Outcomes (UULOs) and Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs).
- Working with academic units in developing faculty-designed, sustainable assessment plans that provide actionable information about student learning.
- Providing professional development for academic assessment that is responsive to faculty needs, reflects current best practices, and is presented in multiple formats at all ability levels, in order to assist all faculty in developing, communicating and using evidence of student learning.
- Serving as an accreditation resource for the University community by providing support for individual units as they prepare for national accreditation, producing data reports for regional accreditation purposes, and engaging in Institution-level assessment activities.
- Facilitating communication about assessment activities through a variety of formats, including academic assessment mini-grants, academic assessment awards, conference presentations and other on- and off-campus opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Assisting units in analyzing and using their assessment data to improve student learning, through professional development opportunities, individual and department-level.
Office of Academic Assessment