Workspace Modifications for Social Distancing
Planning and Construction (P&C) is available to assist departments with modifying offices and workspaces to facilitate social distancing. P&C will ensure reconfigurations comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable codes (e.g., fire safety codes) and are installed to prevent harm to students and staff.
The team can provide two levels of service:
- Informal consultations
- Your department consults with P&C, orders items through regular purchasing channels, and installs items itself
- Project management
- P&C project manager reviews your space, recommends modifications, orders items as directed by department, and completes installation
To request either level of service, submit a work order request and indicate in the statement box the request is associated with COVID-19 and any deadlines. A P&C project manager will contact you in approximately 2-3 business days.
We encourage you to submit requests as soon as possible to allow time for procurement, delivery, and installation. Orders can take approximately 3-4 weeks to arrive after we issue the purchase order.
Items available for purchase include, but are not limited to:
- Plexiglass barriers of varied sizes
- Partitions, separators, and panels that affix to existing furniture (e.g., transaction counters, cubicles, etc.)
- Campus Moving Services for furniture removal and storage. Submit a move request to remove and store furniture to create social distancing.
- Integrated Marketing & Branding (IMB) social distancing graphics. IMB has a catalog of social distancing graphics they can incorporate into floor graphics and other collateral.
- Facilities Management social distancing classroom set-up (FM). FM will configure classrooms scheduled for use to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Please do not alter classroom configurations.