Jean M. Vock, appointed senior vice president for Business Affairs and chief financial officer (CFO) in September 2017, directs the division that provides the business, financial, operational, planning, and physical infrastructure that undergird UNLV’s academic, research, and service mission. She is committed to serving as a collaborative partner with our campus, ensuring efficient, effective and responsive service to meet campus requirements, and ensuring that the institution maintains sound business practices and fiscal responsibility.
As a servant leader, Ms. Vock focuses on providing the resources, support, and professional development needed to empower employees with the belief that this ultimately builds better organizations. When team leaders and their staff are empowered, they can be agile and responsive in delivering results that effectively serve the institution. She leads collaboratively, values effective communication, understands the importance of multiple perspectives and how synergy advances organizations. These form the basis for a culture of integrity, accountability, productivity, and transparency.
Ms. Vock has more than 30 years of leadership experience in higher education. She previously held both central administrative and college administration positions at University of Arizona, including chief financial officer for two academic colleges and assistant comptroller. Prior to her time in higher education, she worked for the State of Arizona and the defense industry in the financial, compliance, internal, and corporate auditing departments.
Education and Certifications
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Arizona
Master of Accounting (MAcc), University of Arizona, Eller College of Management
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (BSBA), Accounting, University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
Professional Service & Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Women’s Society of Certified Public Accountants, Tucson Chapter
- Founding member and former president
- Western Association of College and University Business Officers (WACUBO)
- Served as president, treasurer, and member of the finance, audit, program, host, and administrative committees
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Served term on Board of Directors