Jaclyn Costello, M.F.A.
Assistant Professor in Residence, English
Originally from Chicago, Jaclyn has studied within New York University, Aix en Provence France, and most recently, UNLV's International MFA Program. Shortly after completion of her graduate degree, Jaclyn was invited to teach in the Honors College, where she happily remains. Jaclyn's interests include spiritual development coaching, reading anything transformative, kettlebell classes at the gym, and exploring mountains, forests, islands & the far reaches of the human condition. She has published a variety of short stories & poetry, and is currently seeking a literary agent for her first novel.
Honors Courses taught:
- HON 100 – Honors Rhetoric
- HON 110 – World Thought and Experience I
- HON 115 – World Thought and Experience II
- HON 410 – Ways to Think, Ways to See
- HON 410 – A Place of Transformation: The Desert in Literature
- HON 430 – Poetry, World and Spiritual Thought
- HON 430 – the Fabulist, Surreal, & Innovative
Professor Costello also facilitates the Mindfulness in the Mountains - Meditation program for Honors College students.