Dr. Emilio "Louie" Puentedura was born in Madrid, Spain and raised in Melbourne, Australia. He earned his B.App.Sc. in Physiotherapy from La Trobe University in 1980. In 1983, he completed a graduate diploma in Manipulative Therapy (GDMT) from the same University. After practicing for approximately 15 years in outpatient physical therapy, he moved to the United States. He completed a post-professional Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona in 2005, and a PhD in Physical Therapy at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 2011. Dr. Puentedura joined the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Department of Physical Therapy in 2007. He is an ABPTS Certified Specialist in Orthopedics and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists.
- Ph.D. in Physical Therapy – Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 2011
- DPT, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ – 2005
- GDMT – La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia – 1983
- BAppSc PT – La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia – 1980
- DPT 788 Spine Examination and Treatment
- DPT 744 Gross Human Anatomy I
- DPT 745 Gross Human Anatomy II
- DPT 720 Professional Development
- DPT 758 Diagnostic Testing and Imaging
- DPT 770 Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Dr. Puentedura’s primary research interests are clinical effectiveness and mechanisms of spinal manipulation, neurodynamic interventions, and neuroscience education for chronic pain.