Direct Deposit is a safe, reliable and convenient way to deposit your paycheck directly into your personal bank account. You can sign up either online or by paper for those with no computer access. With direct deposit:
- There’s no risk of your check being stolen or lost.
- Your pay is deposited timely.
- Your pay is deposited directly into your account even when you are sick, on vacation, or traveling on business.
- No more waiting in line on your lunch hour or after work to deposit your paycheck.
- You still receive a statement of earnings, which details your payroll deductions.
How to set up Direct Deposit
- Visit the Employee Self Service (also called Employee Query and Update System, or EQUUS) database on HR's website.
- Log in using your employee ID number and PIN to log in.
- Go to the Main Menu and select the Direct Deposit option. Enter your account information.
If you opened your account outside of the Las Vegas area and your financial institution is not in our system, please contact the original branch of your financial institution where you opened the account for their specific transit number. To add a new financial institution to our data base we will need the correct routing transit number and the name and address of the financial institution. Please fax this information to the Payroll Department at 895-3519. Generally, new financial institutions are added to the system within 24 hours of receipt.
Paper (only to be used by individuals that do not have computer access)
- Complete the direct deposit enrollment form (Please contact the Payroll Department for this form).