Summer Undergraduate Research Funds
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) Summer Funds for Undergraduate Researchers award provides undergraduate students with up to $1,500 towards their summer research projects.
Eligibility & Consideration
Currently enrolled full-time, undergraduate students at UNLV, with a declared major and working with a NSHE faculty research mentor are eligible for consideration.
Types of Funds: Applications will be eligible for two types of funds, depending on their academic affiliation.
- General Funds: General funds up to $1,500 each are available to students of any major. These funds are generously provided by the President’s Office, the Office of Executive Vice President and Provost, the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, and the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- College Specific and Topical Funds: College-specific funds are generously provided by each college’s Dean’s Office. Students are eligible for these funds only in their college. Students pursuing a project in a specific topical area can apply for funding.
Application Process & Deadline
Students are required to submit the following as part of the application package:
- 1-page Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) (if applicable)
UNLV faculty research mentors are required to submit a letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2021 Summer Undergraduate Research Funds will re-open in Fall 2020.
As a recipient of this award, you are required to meet and maintain the following criteria:
- Be an officially admitted undergraduate UNLV undergraduate student
- Present at the Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium
- If you are in the advanced stages of your research, submit a manuscript to Spectra: UNLV's Undergraduate Research Journal
- Submit a brief final research summary to OUR (less than 1 page, details will be provided)