OUR Scholars Certificate Program
The OUR Scholars Certificate Program is a year-long program that enhances the research skills of undergraduate students and provides them with the necessary knowledge and tools to be research ready.
The OUR Scholars Certificate is open to all current UNLV undergraduate students.
Application Process & Deadline
Please submit the following as part of your application package:
- 1-page Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
After acceptance into the program, participants will be required to:
- Meet with an OUR Research Advisor to identify a research program and get involved with faculty-supervised research (including classroom-based research)
- Attend a minimum of 8 OUR workshops over the course of the academic year: 4 in Fall, 4 in Spring or Summer (including the following 4 mandatory workshops: What is Research? Understanding the Research Cycle, Active Reading: How to Effectively Interrogate Text, Writing Abstracts, Annotating, and Citing Properly, and IRB Training/All Things Lab Safety)
- Submit a mock funding application: You may submit a mock Travel Funding or a mock Summer Undergraduate Research Funds application. Please look over the sample travel funding application prior to submitting your mock application.
- Present research at one of OUR's triannual symposia
Program Completion Process
Please submit the following upon completion of all program requirements:
- Proof of research consultation
- Proof of workshop attendance
- Proof of symposium presentation
- Proof of funding application