Freshmen from Hawaii
Incoming Freshmen from Hawaii
Incoming freshmen for the fall semester from Hawaii are invited to attend a special orientation session in Honolulu. If you are unable to attend this orientation session in Hawaii, you are welcome to attend any of the New Student Orientation sessions taking place in Las Vegas. To register, log in to MyUNLV.
Orientation is a one-day program that provides information and academic preparedness for you as you start your transition into the UNLV community. The program is mandatory for all incoming UNLV students.
Hawaii New Student Orientation will take place at Moanalua Middle School on Saturday, June 10, 2017. Registration is required for all students and guests.
7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
At New Student Orientation, you will:
- Receive your class schedule.
- Receive academic advising.
- Get information about your major, degree programs, college academics, and college life as a UNLV Rebel.
- Connect with a variety of campus departments and student organizations.
- Meet members of the ‘Ewalu Club and have the opportunity to join the club.
- Speak one-on-one with a financial aid counselor.
- Sign a housing contract or submit a housing application.
- Meet new and current Rebels for a day filled with fun, new friends, prizes, and helpful information.
Advising and Registration
Students beginning in the fall semester will meet with academic advisors from their college who will assist students in registration. You will register for classes and learn how to navigate through the MyUNLV registration system. Parents are not permitted to attend advising and class registration sessions with their students.
Rebel Family and Guests
Family and guests are invited to attend New Student Orientation in Hawaii and have a separate program designed for them for a portion of the day. By holding separate sessions, the staff is better able to address the unique priorities and questions that students and parents typically have. There is a mandatory $25 fee for each family member or guest to attend Hawaii Orientation. Please visit the Family and Guest page for more information.