Virtual Orientation Program
You'll start orientation by joining a live virtual event hosted by UNLV TV through Vimeo. After the live event, you'll complete your New Student Orientation course in WebCampus. This course is specific to your major and will appear on your WebCampus dashboard during the live event. You'll wrap up the day by attending a live virtual group meetup with your Orientation Leader and fellow classmates. Your Academic Advisor will also be available during this time to answer questions you may have about your class schedule and how to prepare for your first semester as a Rebel.
Step One: Join the Live Virtual Orientation Event
You'll receive an email to your personal email account 2 days before your scheduled orientation session. This email will include a link to join the live virtual event. Be sure to add email@example.com to your address book.
Didn't receive an email?
Please check your spam folder. If you haven't received an email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Orientation is best experienced using a web browser on a desktop. You'll also need access to audio to enjoy the virtual event; however, access to a webcam is not required. All participants are muted upon entry to create the best possible experience.
- Access the event through the emailed link at least 10 minutes before starting your orientation session to allow time to connect.
- Enter your information when prompted to access the event.
- Join the chat by entering your name. We’ll be hosting live polls and chat discussions during the live event.
- Enjoy New Student Orientation!
Need help accessing the virtual event?
Please contact email@example.com for help or questions during your scheduled orientation day.
Step Two: Complete Academic Advising and the New Student Orientation Course in WebCampus
Attend the live academic advising presentation for your UNLV Academic College at the scheduled time. This advising presentation will be hosted through Webex. You will need access to audio to participate in this presentation. Access to a webcam is preferred but not required. All participants are muted upon entry to create the best possible experience.
After your scheduled live academic advising presentation, you are required to complete the New Student Orientation course in WebCampus. This course is specific to your major and will be added to your WebCampus dashboard during the event. You'll learn important information to get you started on the right path toward graduation. You'll also take a quiz to earn your College Badge to complete the New Student Orientation course.
- Log into WebCampus with your ACE account and select the New Student Orientation course. This course is different from the Online Pre-Orientation course that should have been completed before your scheduled orientation date.
- Join the live academic advising presentation through the link provided on your New Student Orientation course homepage.
- Enter your personal information to access the live presentation. If prompted, follow the instructions to access the live Webex event via the Cisco Webex Meetings App or download the extension for your web browser.
- Participate in the live presentation and meet your academic advisors.
- After the presentation, you are required to complete the New Student Orientation course in WebCampus. Successfully complete the quiz at the end of the course to earn your college badge and complete New Student Orientation.
Step Three: Join your Orientation Group Meetup!
Attend the live virtual meetup with your Orientation Leader, Academic Advisors, and future classmates. The meetup is hosted through Webex and can be accessed through the New Student Orientation course in WebCampus. You'll see the button to join this live session on the "Congratulations" page after you successfully pass the course quiz.