Most international students come to UNLV to study full-time degree programs in F-1 status; for example, bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, or English as a Second Language. The admission counselors issue you I-20s for new F-1 students.

Contact international scholar services at for questions about DS-2019 for J-1 students.

F-1 Student Forms

New and Returning F-1 Students

Current F-1 Students

Studying at UNLV on Other Non-Immigrant Status

You may study full-time if you are on J-2 or H-4 status. You cannot study at all if you are on F-2 or B-2 status.

You should NOT apply as an international student if you entered the U.S. on asylum or as a refugee, or hold a U.S. permanent resident card (green card).

Third-party F-1 or J-1 Students

If you currently hold a Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1) issued by another U.S. SEVP-certified school or J-1 program, and are taking classes at UNLV, please consult with the international office of the school where your current I-20/DS-2019 was issued since we cannot access your SEVIS record to provide such advice. If you would like to transfer to UNLV as an F-1/J-1 student (that means holding an I -20/DS-2019 issued by UNLV), please see a DSO/ARO for advice.

Community and Campus Resources