All international students and scholars are required to file tax forms every year, whether or not you have worked. Check with the Nonresident Alien Tax Office as your taxes and filing is not the same as a U.S. person. Their office offers free tax filing preparation services for Nonresident Aliens. For more information, visit their website or email