Applications are reviewed on an individual basis. To enter the program, applicants must have:
- A BSN and an MSN from accredited schools of nursing. If you have a master’s degree in a health related discipline and a BSN from accredited institution you may apply for admission to our program.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in your master’s degree program, and have a "B" or better in a graduate research and a graduate statistics course.
- Current RN licensure in U.S. or country of residence.
Steps to Admission
- Complete an online application with the Graduate College. Upload the following documents into the "Graduate Program Supplementary Information" page of the application before submitting:
- Unofficial transcripts from all university level education.
- Current resume or vita.
- Personal statement.
- Enter contact information for 3 recommenders who will upload letters of recommendation by clicking on the "Recommendations" link in the application system.
- Request that all official transcripts from registrar office of each college and university attended be sent to: UNLV Graduate College 4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 451017 Las Vegas, NV 89154-1017
- The following are also required: official GRE score report (not required for postDNP to PhD applicants) and 2 representative samples of scholarly work.
Admission Process after Completed Application Package is Received
- Ph.D. Admission Committee reviews applications and selects candidates for interview.
- Ph.D. Admission Committee interviews selected applicants and make admission decisions.
- Program Director notifies UNLV Graduate College of admission.
- Domestic applicants' admission decisions are only available when applicants log back into their online application with the Graduate College. International students are notified by mail of their admission/denial.
- School of Nursing contacts incoming Ph.D. students for post-admission matters.