With an institutional mission of advancing graduate education at UNLV, the Graduate College supports our more than 130 graduate certificate, master's, specialist, and doctoral programs. We work closely with departments and the graduate faculty to provide UNLV's more than 4,000 graduate students with the highest quality academic experience, not only through course work, but also through research/creative activity and professional development opportunities. Our overarching goal is to support and promote UNLV's unique blend of graduate programs while providing services that facilitate graduate study and enhance student learning.
Our Graduate College top tier mission is to provide strong, collaborative leadership promoting a lively intellectual climate where:
- the highest quality graduate scholarship and research can flourish;
- we provide advanced educational opportunities to graduate students and empower them to success;
- we offer exemplary student services across the graduate lifecycle;
- we cultivate a graduate community of faculty and student scholars who thrive in collaboration with partners throughout Nevada; and
- we strategically grow our professional graduate programs and our research doctoral community.
Our core values and guiding principles are: excellence, equity, diversity, opportunity, and impact.
We strive daily to cultivate a campus climate that celebrates new ideas and diversity of perspectives, to encourage and support outstanding graduate research and creative activity, and to advocate for graduate education and the numerous benefits it brings to faculty, our campus, our students, and the community. The Graduate College collaborates with academic colleges and departments to provide outstanding graduate programs and to assist graduate students from admissions through graduation.