On Sept. 10, 1957, Southern Nevadans marveled as UNLV (then called Nevada Southern University) launched its first classes in a single building — the 13,000-square-foot Frazier Hall — which housed classrooms, offices, science laboratories, and a library. Surrounded by acres of untilled land, the new school served about 500 students, but more importantly, it stood as a symbol of pride and achievement, buoyed by planners who foresaw the value of education to the region’s citizens and economy.
Theatre MFA Candidate Creates May 23 "Laugh Until You Cry" Celebrating Mental Health Awareness
Theatre MFA candidate Skylar Schock and theatre and film professor Adam Paul executive produce the event, an evening of stand-up comedy, followed by a talk-back with the comics aimed at opening up conversation and sharing resources for mental health.
Dr. Deborah A. Kuhls (Medicine) accepted the invitation to serve as a representation for the American College of Surgeons to the University of Michigan's Institute for Firearm Injury Prevention External Advisory Committee.
Elizabeth Stacy (Life Sciences) has been awarded a $1,184,175 grant from the National Science Foundation to examine The Genetic Basis of Local Adaptation Across an Island Adaptive Radiation. The project will combine gene expression, quantitative genetics, and evolutionary genomics analyses to uncover the major gene regions associated with…
Six UNLV Nursing students have been named to the board of the Nevada Nursing Student Association. They are:
Michelle Moriarty, vice president
Marielle Cuenca, secretary
Lidia Gebersiassie, community outreach director
Nikole Taylor, president
Alessandra Baldono, treasurer
Kate Katigbak, communications director