Writers can submit a quick question to the Writing Center without having to schedule an appointment.
They can email or send a Google chat to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 702-895-3908, or drop by the Writing Center at CDC, Building 3 to ask us a question.
What makes a quick question?
It is a writing-related question that we can answer in less than 10 minutes. Examples of quick questions we often receive are
- Is my citation written correctly?
- Do you have instructions for writing a statement of purpose, a position paper, an abstract, an annotated bibliography, etc.?
- How do I format a title page in APA?
- How can I make items in a list parallel?
- When I write numbers, should I spell them out or use the numeric character?
- Should I use a colon or a semicolon in this sentence?
If the question will take longer than 10 minutes for us to answer, we’ll do our best to get the writer scheduled for a full 45-minute consultation to get their questions answered more completely.
For more information on the Writing Center’s services, to schedule consultation appointments, and to find a variety of handouts and workshops on writing-related topics, visit us online.