The Beverly Rogers, Carol C. Harter Black Mountain Institute (BMI) in the UNLV College of Liberal Arts is pleased to announce its spring calendar of community events with both acclaimed and up-and-coming authors, poets, and graphic novelists. These public events, beginning Jan. 25, highlight the writers’ diversity of thought and dedication to craft.
“BMI is really excited to welcome so many amazing writers to Las Vegas this spring,” says Colette LaBouff, executive director of Black Mountain Institute. “We look forward to these visits as celebrations and a chance to nourish the already electric creative communities at BMI, UNLV and this city.”
BMI showcases a range of writers and storytellers, from established authors to recent, noteworthy debuts. BMI also hosts fellowship programs City of Asylum, which brings persecuted writers to Las Vegas where they can live and work freely.
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023 | Breakout Writers Series: Raquel Gutiérrez
- Thursday, January 26, 2023 | Stretch Marks: A Reading with Jean Munson
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 | Akbarnama: The Book of Akbar featuring Fakhria Rasikh
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 | Anna Qu: A Reading
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 | Jaquira Díaz: A Reading
- Thursday, February 16, 2023 | Amanda Fortini: A Reading
- Thursday, February 23, 2023 | Alumni Reading Series: Jean Chen Ho
Please visit the Black Mountain Institute website for a full list of events, times, and locations.
Unless otherwise noted, these events take place on UNLV’s campus and are free and open to the public.
About Black Mountain Institute – The Beverly Rogers, Carol C. Harter Black Mountain Institute brings writers and the literary imagination into the heart of public life through live experiences, fellowships, innovative media, and literary activism. For more information about BMI, please visit its website.