On Monday, July 13, the UNLV Student Union is preparing to open in a limited capacity to serve students, faculty, staff, and guests. There will be very limited services available and some offices will remain closed. Here are important details relevant to the Student Union:
- Operating hours will be Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- All entries/exits will be through the north Pida Plaza doors closest to Starbucks.
- UNLV students, faculty, and staff must swipe their ID cards since the facility is primarily open for the UNLV community. Guests will be allowed to do their immediate business and then depart.
- US Bank will be open Monday - Friday, 8:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- RebelCard will not be open until August.
- The UNLV Bookstore will have limited hours Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m..
- Mask use and social distancing is required for access to the Student Union.
- We are sanitizing surfaces frequently throughout the day within the public areas.
- Furnishings are not allowed to be moved within the Student Union for safety and social distancing guidelines.
- SoHo Sushi Burrito and one other food outlet will be open limited hours (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.) Grouchy John’s coffee truck will be open outside the Student Union from 8 a.m. – noon. (Starbucks will not be open.)
- Limited dining and lounge seating will be available in a socially-distant format.
- Meeting and event spaces will be have limited capacities due to social distancing. Make arrangements online or call at 702-895-4449. Staff will be sanitizing all furnishing, AV, and surfaces between meetings.
- The information desk will be open, but the game room will be closed for the summer.
- Guests who use the facility should walk on the right side of hallways/stairwells, stay only two per elevator, and utilize stanchions and floor markers.
- Departments and offices within the building set their own hours and availability during the limited reopening. Consult with those offices for more information.
- Stigmatization, xenophobia, and racism are values rejected within the Student Union.
- Please adhere to additional signage regarding safety when visiting the Student Union
- Full information is available online.
Should you have additional questions, reach out to us at 702-895-3221 after July 13 or email Jon Tucker prior to that date.