The UNLV Wellness Zone is excited to announce a new opportunity as part of the CoVAC Initiative! The Youth Marketing Connection (YMC), in partnership with the American College Health Association (ACHA) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), will be hiring passionate student leaders at UNLV to serve as influencers and ambassadors.
If you know a student who would take advantage of this opportunity, please share these details and encourage them to apply!
In this role, they’ll help combat vaccine misinformation and build vaccine confidence within their campus communities. Student influencer efforts will be focused on encouraging their peers to get vaccinated prior to the fall term beginning by using social media channels. Once students are back on campus, influencers and ambassadors will continue to promote vaccine confidence through social media and by hosting on-campus events.
Youth Marketing Connection is looking for students who are already vaccinated or are planning to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to join the Campus COVID-19 Vaccine Initiative beginning in June 2021 and continuing through the fall 2021 semester. As a Campus Ambassador, you’ll gain resume-building experience, create engaging social media content, and contribute to bettering your community by advocating for the CoVAC campaign. Students will also receive access to a cash stipend and bonus opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Interested in science, public health, and social justice
- Active on social media with natural content creation abilities and high engagement
- Highly social and well-connected within on-campus organizations and clubs
- Motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and results-oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Prior marketing, sales, retail, internship, and/or brand ambassador/influencer experience a plus
- Create informative lifestyle-related social media posts and content on Instagram and TikTok
- Be an ongoing advocate for the CoVAC Initiative
- Lead digital outreach efforts to increase vaccine confidence among peers
- Provide ongoing recaps to report key findings about your campus’ COVID-19 vaccine attitudes
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with YMC’s management team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexibility: You’ll manage and adapt your hours (on average, 6 hours per week) to fit your lifestyle
- Support: You’ll have the support of YMC, the ACHA team, and your peers
- Compensation: You’ll earn a cash stipend and have access to awesome cash bonus opportunities!
Interested? Create an account on thehub.youthmarketing.com and apply for the “Campus COVID-19 Ambassador” position today.