The UNLV office of government and community engagement invites students, staff, and faculty to apply for a 2023 Community Engagement Award.
The office administers annual awards that recognize campus individuals for their exceptional community engagement in the areas of 1) service-learning, 2) community-based research, 3) faculty/staff community outreach activity, and 4) student service.
These awards recognize community engagement activity aligns with one or more of the university’s Top Tier 2.0 Community Partnership objectives:
- Build reciprocal relationships as we create and strengthen partnerships, collaborations, and pipeline programs with K-12.
- Leverage UNLV’s strength to develop collaborative networks and address community needs and challenges.
- Provide cultural, educational, and service programs that are valued, advance learning, and benefit our communities.
- Targeted, intentional engagement efforts to identify, establish, and steward mutually beneficial partnerships with aligned stakeholders centered on distinct and strategic intersections.
- Communicate UNLV’s strengths to promote the link between the university and the associated benefit to the community, region, state, legislature, and other stakeholders.
Applications must be accompanied by two letters of recommendation -- one from a member of the campus community and one from the primary, off-campus community partner. (Please refer to the “Letter of Recommendation Guidance” document on the website.)
Self-nominations are welcome. Applications must be submitted for an individual; group applications will not be considered. Applicants can apply for only one award in only one category per year. There is no requirement for the award to be given in every category every year. Award recipients will be recognized at the annual campus recognition ceremony.
To learn more or to apply, visit the UNLV Community Engagement Awards Portal. The deadline to apply is February 6, 2023.
Contact: Tamara Marino, email@example.com, (702) 895-2712