Instructors can prepare themselves and their students for the end of the semester with some pro tips from the UNLV information technology team and its campus IT partners.
Before Finals Week
- Use Zoom to offer virtual office hours for students to ask questions.
- Remind students to have their phones ready to log into WebCampus and other services that use multifactor authentication. Download the Okta Verify app to make it easier to complete the login process.
- If students need to submit a video for a final exam, instructors can use Panopto to set up an assignment folder for students to record and submit their content.
- Instructors can walk in to ask Online Education and IT staff for help with WebCampus, Panopto, and Zoom from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 8 in CBC-C145.
- Encourage students to access support resources, including the writing center, Academic Success Center, or mental health and wellness services.
- Take a break to order food from Grubhub using RebelCash. Students and instructors get free delivery and other perks for adding UNLV to their Grubhub account.
After Finals Week
- In WebCampus, finalize grades, copy course content to a new course shell, and preserve Panopto videos and Zoom recordings to use next semester. Zoom recordings expire after 180 days.
- Instructors who use Panopto assignment folders need to close previous class folders to ensure students do not save their recordings in old folders.
- Instructors should refresh themselves on the grade submission process. View the entering grades video for instructions on how to submit final grades in MyUNLV.
Students and instructors who experience issues with campus technology or have questions should contact the IT Help Desk.