UNLV is creating a crowd-sourced video featuring students from both the spring and winter graduating classes as part of the live-streamed virtual ceremony.
Students can email videos as well as their preferred name, major/degree/program, graduating semester (spring/fall), and plans after graduation.
Instructions for videos
- Students will need a mortarboard and tassel (gown is optional).
- We are asking students to create short videos performing at least one of four actions:
- Turning your tassel: Record a short video (5-10 seconds) wearing your cap and tassel, featuring the action of you turning your tassel from right to left with you centered in the frame.
- Throwing the cap in the air: Record a short video (5-10 seconds) of you throwing your cap in the air.
- Showing your cap: If you have a decorated cap, flip your cap and show it to the camera or hold it in front of the camera for 10 seconds.
- Holding a sign thanking your friends/family, saying where you are “off to” after graduation, or other celebratory moments. The action will be you holding it up, moving it toward or away from the camera for 10 seconds.
- You can submit a video performing as many of the actions as you’d like.
- Videos can be "selfie-style" or recorded by someone else. Phone recorded videos are perfect! Horizontal if possible, but vertical is fine, too.
- Location: Feel free to be creative. Options include campus, your backyard, or anywhere that's special to you.
- Recording: When recording videos, follow these steps...Start recording, smile, count to three, perform action, keep smiling while you count to three again, then stop the video.
- Bloopers? Feel free to submit those, too!
Please submit the videos by Dec. 1.