After a competitive public bidding process, months of work, and contract negotiations, Aramark (the incumbent provider) was awarded the UNLV Dining Services contract.
This will have transformative impacts over the course of the 10-year contract, bringing $71 million in value to UNLV through capital improvement projects, commissions, and funding and in-kind donations for scholarships and sponsorships of UNLV events and programs aimed at food insecurity and sustainability efforts. The contract includes $17 million in capital improvement projects.
Keith Rogers, vice president of Student Affairs, said, “We are excited to continue this partnership with Aramark. They have been valuable partners with our campus community making significant investments. We look forward to the continued growth and investment across campus, with our food services.”
Construction projects will begin immediately with the Taco Bell location in the Student Union transitioning to a Qdoba. Some exciting changes are coming within the next year:
- Steak n’ Shake will change to Chicken Guy
- Taco Bell will change to Qdoba
- Halal Shack will be added (pending location).
- Remaining unchanged this year are Greens to Go, Jamba Juice, Panda Express, POD Market, SOHO Sushi Burritos, Starbucks, and Subway
- POD Market hours will expand to 24 hours
- Sushi will be added
- Subway will change to Panera Express over the summer of 2024
Student Recreation & Wellness Center
- Einstein Bros. Bagels is leaving and a new option will become available!
William S. Boyd School of Law
- Einstein’s Bros. Bagels Express will remain
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will remain
Science & Engineering Building
- Starbucks will remain
Further details on the changes will be posted soon on the UNLV Dining website.