Payal Sharma is a qualitative researcher who studies and teaches about power dynamics in organizations. Her current projects are focused on the hip-hop and rap music industry and the National Football League (NFL). Her prior research has examined topics including how leaders are impacted by stress and trauma, opportunities and challenges embedded in empowering leadership, and
workplace mistreatment processes.
She has been an invited speaker across a range of industries including health care, higher education, hospitality, information technology, and law. Her work has been published in outlets such as Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Group and Organization Management.
Before coming to UNLV, she was a visiting faculty member at the Wharton School of Business.
- Ph.D., Organizational Behavior, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.A., Higher Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.A., Organizational Management, The George Washington University
- B.A., History, University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Anthropology, University of California, San Diego