Payal Sharma is an assistant professor and field researcher who studies power and stress in organizations. Prior to joining UNLV's Lee Business School, she was a visiting faculty member at the Wharton School and tenure-track faculty member at Rutgers Business School.
Her current research includes conducting qualitative work on power dynamics in the hip hop and rap music industry, and understanding how male leaders who are agreeable, empathetic and vulnerable can experience less gender backlash in their job settings. She is also the founder of an experiential stress management workshop for business school junior faculty held annually at the Academy of Management conference.
Her research has been published in Journal of Applied Psychology, Leadership Quarterly, and Group and Organization Management, among others.
- Ph.D., Organizational Behavior, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.A., Higher Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.A., Organizational Management, The George Washington University
- B.A., History, University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Anthropology, University of California, San Diego