Daniel L. Orr
Dr. Daniel L. Orr is director of oral and maxillofacial surgery and professor of clinical sciences for the UNLV School of Dental Medicine. He is also a forensic odontologist for the Clark County coroner’s office, the post-mortem coordinator for FEMA Nevada, and chief dental officer for the Nevada Department of Homeland Security National Disaster Medical System.
Orr, by completing residency training in both anesthesiology and oral and maxillofacial surgery, is uniquely qualified to safely minimize discomfort during dental treatments such as removal of nonfunctional teeth, biopsies, placement of implants, and cyst, tumor or trauma surgery.
Orr frequently donates surgical services through community partnerships and has provided care for more than 2,000 major facial trauma cases due to such causes as motor vehicle accidents, military injuries, gunshot wounds and explosions, sports injuries, and more.
Orr received the received the 2011 Daniel M. Laskin Award for Outstanding Predoctoral Educator from the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is board certified in oral and maxillofacial surgery, anesthesiology, and legal medicine.
- B.S., Zoology, Brigham Young University
- Ph.D., Biophysics, Columbia Pacific University
- J.D., William Howard Taft University School of Law
- M.D., University of Health Sciences, Antigua School of Medicine
- M.S., Anesthesiology, University of Utah
- D.D.S., University of Southern California School of Dentistry