Urban Affairs Faculty Publish Research in Brief on the State of Youth Homelessness in Southern Nevada
UNLV Greenspun College of Urban Affairs faculty today presented a white paper on the state of youth homelessness in Southern Nevada at the 2017 Southern Nevada Youth Homelessness Summit at The Venetian Las Vegas.
Summit 17 is presented by Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth and Sands Cares, the corporate giving program of Las Vegas Sands Corp., with support from the UNLV Greenspun College of Urban Affairs and the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Las Vegas Sands Corp. and Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth announced they will launch a major coordinated regional effort to address youth homelessness.
Summit 17 aims to accelerate community awareness of the problem and will kick-start a year-long planning process to create the Southern Nevada Plan to End Youth Homelessness.
The research in brief is authored by an interdisciplinary team of urban affairs faculty. The authors are:
- Patricia Cook-Craig, School of Public Policy and Leadership
- Jennifer Guthrie, Department of Communication Studies
- William Sousa, Department of Criminal Justice
- Carlton Craig, School of Social Work
- Judy Tudor, School of Social Work
- Michael Bruner, Department of Communication Studies
- Jessica Word, School of Public Policy and Leadership
- Melissa Jacobowitz, School of Public Policy and Leadership