Urban Affairs Alumni Chapter Announces New Scholarship; Deadline April 2, 2021
We're happy to announce a new scholarship sponsored by the Greenspun College of Urban Affairs Alumni Chapter. The scholarship will help students in each of our five schools and departments. It's called the "5 for 5 Scholarship" - and $500 will be awarded to one student from each department or school.
This scholarship was created by the Greenpsun College of Urban Affairs Alumni Chapter Board of Directors with the goal of providing support to undergraduate students experiencing financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- One student pursuing a degree in the Department of Communication Studies
- One student pursuing a degree in the Department of Criminal Justice
- One student pursuing a degree in the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism and Media Studies
- One student pursuing a degree in the School of Public Policy and Leadership (Urban Studies)
- One student pursuing a degree in the School of Social Work
The scholarship will first be applied to any tuition balance the student may have. Any remaining funds shall be distributed to the student as a monetary award. The candidates shall be selected by a committee made up of the Greenspun College of Urban Affairs Board of Directors.
This scholarship shall be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Full completion of the application form located here: https://unlv.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5oKfSUcPRFmXfaS
- Current and active full-time enrollment in UNLV
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the five departments listed above
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative UNLV grade point average (GPA) or higher
- FAFSA is not required, but students must show financial need via the essay response in this application.
Students should submit their full application no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 2, 2021.
Recipients of this scholarship grant UNLV the right to publish their name and use the applicant's likeness in a photograph in any of all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. These materials will become the property of UNLV and will not be returned. Recipients grant UNLV the authority to edit, alter, copy, publish or distribute this photo for purpose of publicizing UNLV's programs or for any other lawful purpose.
If you have any questions, please contact Urban Affairs Alumni Chapter President Nicole Santero: email@example.com.