UNLV College of Engineering Ranks in ShanghaiRanking's ARWU
Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering is proud to share that two programs in its Civil and Environmental Engineering and Construction department have been ranked in the prestigious ShanghaiRanking's Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
Both Civil Engineering and Water Resources have been ranked in the 151-200 range. The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) is published by the independent ShanghaiRanking Consultancy. It uses six objective indicators to rank world universities:
• Number of alumni and staff who have received Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals
• Number of highly cited researchers selected by Thomson Reuters
• Number of articles published in the journals Nature and Science
• Number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index
• Per capita performance of a university
More than 1,200 universities are ranked by ARWU every year and the best 500 are published.