Professional Development Academy Welcomes 2019-20 Cohorts
The Graduate College's Professional Development Academy offers a wide variety of certifications, non-academic advising, year-round professional development workshops and training seminars, and several extracurricular programs.
With the beginning of a new academic year, the Graduate College recently welcomed several cohorts in its certification and Grad Rebel programs.
- Teaching Certification: provides graduate students with the skills and knowledge to teach successfully in a post-secondary classroom. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Research Certification: provides graduate, and select undergraduate, students with the skills and knowledge necessary to initiate, conduct, and successfully conclude research projects. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Mentorship Certification: provides graduate students with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively be mentored and serve as a mentor in higher education settings. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Communication Certification: provides graduate students with the opportunity to build and refine communication skills. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Grad Rebel Ambassadors: work closely with Dean Kate Korgan and other Graduate College staff members to represent the graduate student body, including participating in on-campus and off-campus recruiting events; sharing experiences as a graduate student with prospective and current students, alumni, and community members; and assisting with other Graduate College events. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Rebel Research and Mentorship: pairs undergraduate and graduate students (along with a faculty member) on research/scholarly/creative projects to provide them with the opportunity to learn from one another and gain valuable skills. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!
- Post-Graduate Career Pathways: helps students explore and prepare for a variety of career options, network with local employers, and prepare for the real-life challenges and opportunities that await post-graduation. Meet the 2019-20 cohort!