Professional Development Academy Welcomes 2018-19 Cohorts
The Graduate College offers a wide variety of certifications, non-academic advising, year-round professional development workshops and training seminars, and several extracurricular programs.
With the beginning of a new academic year, the Graduate College recently welcomed several cohorts in its certification and Grad Rebel programs. More than 125 students are participating in these programs this academic year.
The Graduate College offers the following free, year-long certifications in the areas of research, teaching, mentorship and communication:
- Teaching Certification: provides graduate students with the skills and knowledge necessary to teach successfully, from design of a syllabus to discussion-leading to lecturing. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
- Research Certification: provides graduate, and select undergraduate, students with the skills and knowledge necessary to initiate, conduct, and successfully conclude research projects. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
- Mentorship Certification: provides graduate students with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively be mentored and serve as a mentor in higher education settings. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
- Communication Certification: provides graduate students with the opportunity to build and refine communication skills. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
The Graduate College also offers the following Grad Rebel programs:
- Grad Rebel Ambassadors: work closely with Dean Kate Korgan and other Graduate College staff members to represent the graduate student body, including participating in on-campus and off-campus recruiting events; sharing experiences as a graduate student with prospective and current students, alumni, and community members; and assisting with other Graduate College events. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
- Rebel Research and Mentorship: pairs undergraduate and graduate students (along with a faculty member) on research/scholarly/creative projects to provide them with the opportunity to learn from one another and gain valuable skills. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!
- Post-Master's Career Pathways: helps master's students explore and prepare for a variety of career options, network with local employers, and prepare for the real-life challenges and opportunities that await post-graduation. Meet the 2018-19 cohort!