Police Services Notification - Timely Warning Crime Alert (Fondling - April 17, 2018)
In compliance with the “Timely Warning” provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, University Police Services is providing the following notice and reminds students, faculty, and staff to remain alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
At approximately 10:10 a.m., Tuesday, April 17, a female student walking in Lot L was approached from behind by a male who grabbed and fondled her. The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches, with gold capped teeth.
UNLV Police are increasing patrols and its presence on campus as detectives continue their investigation. Anyone with information should contact UNLV Police at (702) 895-3668.
Campus Safety Reminders
- University Police reminds students, faculty and staff to remain vigilant at all times.
- Be aware of your surroundings and travel in pairs or groups whenever possible.
- Pre-program (702) 895-3669 into your cell phone to expedite your call to University Police. Calls to 9-1-1 from a non-campus phone go to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, which are forwarded to the UNLV Police Services Emergency Communications & Dispatch Center.
- Download UNLV's RebelSAFE mobile safety app, which allow you to directly call the UNLV Police Department Emergency Communications Center on your smartphone. Download the app through iTunes, the Google Play Store, or the department's RebelSAFE page.
- Request a campus security escort 24 hours a day by calling UNLV Police Services at (702) 895-3668.
- Learn more about safety tips on our crime prevention tips webpage.
Anyone with information related to this or a similar incident should contact UNLV Police at (702) 895-3668.