Police Services Notification – Timely Warning Crime Alert (April 12, 2018)
In compliance with the “Timely Warning” provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, University Police Services is providing the following notice and reminds students, faculty, and staff to remain alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
UNLV Police are seeking a suspect for alleged fondling, which occurred around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 11. A woman not associated with UNLV reported that she noticed a vehicle pull up behind her and park on an access road near Wilbur Street as she walked eastbound on Tropicana Avenue. A man got out of the vehicle and fondled her, then returned to the vehicle and drove away from campus. The suspect is described to be a Hispanic man in his 20s, approximately 5'7" to 5'9" with a thin build and fade haircut. The suspect was driving a silver sedan.
Campus Safety Reminders:
• University Police reminds students, faculty, and staff to remain vigilant at all times.
• Be aware of your surroundings and travel in pairs or groups whenever possible.
• Pre-program the University Police phone number in your cell phone: (702) 895-3669 to expedite your call. Calls to 9-1-1 from a non-campus phone go to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, which are forwarded to the UNLV Police Services Emergency Communications & Dispatch Center.
• Download UNLV’s RebelSAFE mobile safety app, which allows you to directly call the UNLV Police Department Emergency Communications Center on your smartphone. Download the app through iTunes, the Google Play Store, or on the department’s RebelSAFE page.
• Request a campus security escort 24 hours a day by calling UNLV Police Services at (702) 895-3668.
• Learn more about safety tips on our crime prevention tips webpage.
Anyone with information related to this or a similar incident should contact UNLV Police at (702) 895-3668.