Ph.D. Fellowship in Cyber Security
Sep. 19, 2017
The UNLV Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering is offering financial support for students pursuing a Ph.D. degree in the field of Cybersecurity. The selected student will work closely with Cybersecurity professionals in Las Vegas with potential for additional career opportunities. This program will begin in Spring 2018 and be renewed annually upon satisfactory progress. Standard graduate assistantship benefits will apply.
- Current or admitted Ph.D. students in any department in the College of Engineering
- BS or MS students who have applied for Ph.D. program in any department in the College of Engineering for Spring 2018 semester
- Courses taken or any work experience in Cybersecurity, but not necessary
- Certifications in Cybersecurity
- Research topic must be related to the Cybersecurity problems in the industry
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
Fellowship Application Procedure:
Interested students should submit an application package including the following by email by Oct 16, 2017 to Engineering@unlv.edu with the subject of: UNLV Cybersecurity Fellowship.
- Transcript (Unofficial)
- One recommendation letter by the advisor
- One-page personal statement (Describing interests and experiences in cyber security, and/or research plan, if any)
Selected students will be notified by email for an interview.
For Non-UNLV Students:
The recipient of the Fellowship must be a current or admitted UNLV student. Potential students can apply to become a graduate student at UNLV by visiting the UNLV Graduate College at https://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege/futurestudents. Interested students are encouraged to apply concurrently for the Fellowship and admittance into the UNLV Graduate College by following the instructions above for each.