OUR Spring 2021 Virtual Undergraduate Research Symposium Winners
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) held its Spring 2021 Virtual Undergraduate Research Symposium May 3 - May 7, 2021.
126 outstanding undergraduate researchers and their inspiring mentors represented UNLV’s 9 schools and colleges, and 24 academic departments. Additionally, students from Nevada State College, College of Southern Nevada, and CCSD high schools also had a chance to hone their research skills.
The researchers, endorsed by 64 faculty mentors, presented 86 research projects and were judged by 37 academic faculty and administrative faculty members.
For more on the symposium please visit http://oursymposium.sites.unlv.edu/.
The winners in each category are:
Champions of Undergraduate Research:
- The Champions of Undergraduate Research Award recognizes UNLV departments with a record of excellence in inspiring, influencing, supporting, and mentoring undergraduate researchers in their professional development, career training, and educational journey.
- College of Sciences, School of Life Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts, Department of Psychology
Best Poster Presentation Award in Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Nathalie Martinez
Best Lightning Talk Presentation Award in Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Madison Frazee
Best Podium Talk Presentation in Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Elia Del Carmen Solano-Patricio
Best Performance/Exhibition in Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Michael Saladino
Best Poster Award in Health & Natural Sciences & Engineering
- Janelle Domantay, Ilya Pivavaruk, & Victor Taksheyev
Best Oral Presentation Award in Health & Natural Sciences & Engineering
- Tiffany Mata