NEW OT DOCTORAL PROGRAM GRANTED CANDIDACY STATUS
Apr. 3, 2020
We are pleased to announce the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE®), an Associated Advisory Council of the Executive Board of the American Occupational Therapy Association, has granted our new OT doctoral program “Candidacy Status,” which means we can admit students for the program beginning June 2020 and that our accreditation process is on track.
In their assessment of our program, ACOTE® noted no areas of concern and highlighted some of its unique strengths, including the following:
Our unique alliance with neuroscience through the development of the Department of Brain Health;
Our strong collaboration with our doctoral physical therapy program
UNLV’s diverse student body;
- Our dedication to building an academic health center;
- Our program will have a focus on mental health;
- UNLV’s research productivity;
- Our program director, Donna Costa, is nationally known and recognized for higher education experience, fieldwork education, mental health practice, mindfulness-based interventions, and pain management;
- And our financial support for the program, including property to house the program in the future.