Late-Night Safety for Study Week
Study Week is here but don't stress about late-night study sessions at the library and evening commutes to your vehicle or residence hall. University Police Services would like to remind our campus communities to take advantage of the programs offered to help keep you safe, especially in the evenings and on weekends.
- UPD provides security escort services for individuals to any campus area during the evening hours. Contact (702) 895-3668 to request a security escort.
- Pre-program the UPD Dispatch emergency number into your cell phone: (702) 895-3669 or dial 911 in case of emergency.
- Emergency phones are located throughout campus. Calls from these boxes directly connect you to UPD Dispatch to provide assistance.
- If you need a vehicle jump start, UPD can assist you. Contact our non-emergency line, (702) 895-3668, for motorist assistance.
We want to encourage all our students and staff to practice “See Something, Say Something” on our campuses and report suspicious activity. There are many ways you can take the initiative regarding your safety, remember to:
- Look confident, keep your head up and walk with a confident stride.
- Be aware and alert to your surroundings. Don’t talk on your cellphone or listen to music when you are in an unfamiliar area.
- Keep your hands free. Limit the number of items you’re carrying or use a backpack or bag to ensure that your hands are free to defend, if needed.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, trust your gut and do what you need to do to be safe.