SBIR Road Tour Coming to Las Vegas May 4
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, you won't want to miss this opportunity.
The SBIR Road Tour is coming to Las Vegas on Thursday, May 4, to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Attendees will be given SBIR Agencies Funding Priorities Overviews and learn how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers, and technology entrepreneurs. Individual program managers from the 11 participating agencies representing $2.5 billion in early-stage funding will participate in this one-day event alongside technology entrepreneurs and state innovation ecosystem members. Upon registering, attendees will have the opportunity to schedule one-on-one meetings with SBIR/STTR Program Managers from the following agencies:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense – Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Defense – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (USN)
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Panel sessions include:
- Using SBIR to Seed-Fund Your Innovative Ideas
- Business With the Warfighter: Technology Alignment, Opportunities, and Funding (Defense-Focused)
- Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Lessons Learned and Common Mistakes
When: May 4, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Rob Roy's Innevation Center, powered by Switch; 6795 S. Edmond St., Floor 3; Las Vegas, NV, 89118
Cost: $40.00 nonrefundable registration fee includes full access to the event, light breakfast, and lunch.
Once registered, a link to schedule one-on-one meetings will be provided, so RSVP early to get a spot!
This SBIR Road Tour stop is hosted by the UNLV Office of Economic Development & Nevada SBDC at UNLV in partnership with Rob Roy's Innevation Center, powered by Switch, and Ballard Spahr LLP.