Join Us on May 12 for World IP Day
UNLV’s Office of Economic Development will host Las Vegas' second World Intellectual Property Day event, "Innovation Improving Lives," on May 12 at Switch’s Innevation Center. This event is part of an annual celebration sponsored by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and the American Intellectual Property Law Association to promote discussion of the role of intellectual property in encouraging innovation and creativity.
The following speakers will be presenting at the event:
- Michelle Lee, director of USPTO (via video)
- John Cabeca, director of the Silicon Valley USPTO
- Zach Miles, UNLV associate vice president for economic development
- John Wilson, vice president and chief counsel for intellectual property at Caesars Entertainment
- UNLV's 2017 Solar Decathlon Team
- Richard Miller, partner, Ballard Spahr LLC
- Robert Rippee, director of UNLV's International Gaming Institute's Hospitality Lab
When: May 12, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Rob Roy's Innevation Center, powered by Switch; 6795 S. Edmond St., Floor 3; Las Vegas, NV, 89118
Cost: Free. Lunch is included.
For more information, please see the attached flier.