Join Our Team as a Communications Associate
Do you have a way with words that inspires clients to action? Do you have a boundless passion for planning and producing content and social media that connects people, generates conversations, and drives business?
If so, our division has the gig for you.
UNLV’s Division of Research and Economic Development is currently seeking a content marketer extraordinaire to join us as a communications associate and help promote the university’s research and economic development activities. You’ll have the opportunity to expand our reach and build new relationships for the university through internal and external content marketing activities including social media, event collateral production, website optimization, and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to pick up new skills and snag a couple bylines along the way.
- Generating a variety of high-quality content including social media, event fliers and invites, website copy, press releases, general announcements, form letters, one-pagers, news content, etc.
- Entering content and sharing it through a variety of platforms.
- Meeting regularly with the division’s director of communications to coordinate assignments.
- Managing time effectively to produce high-quality materials independently on deadline.
- Being interested in learning new skills and willing to apply those skills in the role.
- Bringing your ideas and expertise to the table.
Our ideal communications associate:
- Has an educational background in English, journalism, marketing, communications, creative writing, or similar field and at least two years of professional experience in some form of content marketing work, preferably in the private sector.
- Can write and edit swiftly, concisely, on deadline, and with great attention to detail.
- Is passionate about social media strategy and execution for business and has demonstrated experience in growing an audience and spurring them to action.
- Has some graphic design experience or is excited to learn and practice this skill.
- Possesses an understanding of the goals and impacts of content marketing work and the drive to achieve them.
- Is both an independent professional and effective collaborator who constructively provides and graciously receives feedback.
The person in this contract position will work 30 hours per week for a period of 11 months beginning June 1, 2019. Compensation is set at a non-negotiable rate of $33,750 for 11 months and includes health benefits.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your résumé; a cover letter describing your professional experience; contact information for at least three references; and a minimum of three writing samples, social media campaign samples, or other relevant work samples and a link to your portfolio/website (if you have one) to the director of communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received prior to April 19, 2019, will be given best consideration. You must be living within the Las Vegas/Henderson area at the time of application and employment.